Saturday, June 8, 2013

Long Overdue - Photo Heavy

I've been meaning to share photos of the recent swaps on Flickr that I've participated in.  It was a busy couple of months trying to complete all of the swaps, but it was well worth it.  I am in love with absolutely everything that has come to live at my house!

This is what I made for Sherry in the Friendship Bag Swap.  All of the participants used the same tutorial by Rachel at P.S. I Quilt for the baskets.  

In return, I received this fantastic package from Leona.  She blogs over at Leona's Quilting Adventure.  Please stop by and visit her.  I've been a follower of her blog for a very long time.


Another swap was Sew Sew Modern.  This was the second round and I was fortunate to be able to participate.  I was brave and decided to make the Weekender Bag by Amy Butler.  The pattern has been popular all over blogland lately.  Wendi, who blogs over at prsd4tim2 (pressed for time too), had asked for a bag.  She likes brighter, modern, prints with a white background, but I was afraid of dirt not washing off as well if she were to use the bag heavily.  So...I chose a modern style fabric with a darker background.  She also asked for a pendant to hang in her new studio.  


 In return, Adrianne sent me an awesome pillow cover and 3 pouches.  She blogs over at The Windy Side.  One of the coincidences is that the fox on the pillow reminds me of our dog.  Daisy usually stands in the same pose as the fox on the pillow and if she''s in trouble, her tail straightens out just like the fox.  I am truly excited over this package.



 The Modern She Made Swap was also fun to take part in.  One of the rules was the project had to include a star.  Meaning a star could be in the fabric, patchwork, or quilting.  My partner asked for a sewing machine cover and I've been wanting to make a mini swoon.  I found a paper piece pattern in one of my books to make a 12" star.  It was perfect to set into the center of the sewing machine cover.  It now lives with Collette of Poppy and Poochie.


Andrea spoiled me with an amazing Christmas Tree Skirt.  I L.O.V.E. it!!!  When we filled out the sign up form for this round, it asked for suggestions.  I asked, but never expected.  I cannot wait until the tree goes up to put this beauty under it!


The last swap is the Pillow Talk {Swap}.  I used a wonderful tutorial found over at Lurline's Place.  It flew it's way over to Erica.  She was so happy with it and shared that her daughter told her "ooo, you got a good one"!  I'm so thankful she loves it.  I have not received a pillow cover in return yet, but I will share when it arrives.

Front
Back


After making and receiving such loveliness, I'm even more addicted to swapping on Flickr.  Though, I don't know if that's possible.  Another Modernista Homemade round is getting up and running.  Of course I HAD to sign up!  This round focuses on the bedroom.  I asked for a bed runner or a clock in the colors our room (when we move..hoping next month) will be.  I'm planning on decorating in aqua, yellow, gray, and or green. We used to live on an island and I love the "sea glass" colors and tones.  I miss it.  Hopefully the colors in our room will help bring some of that back to this "land locked gal".  I created a mosaic with all kinds of ideas for my partner, but she does not have to stick to anything in it except the colors.  If you'd like to see any of the pictures in a larger format, just click on the link below the mosaic.


1. PTS10 Scrappy Spring Sprouts... finished, 2. Pearl 8 - aqua yellow, 3. Blues, yellows, grays, 4. DQS12: Finished!!, 5. DSC_3114, 6. Daffodils in Blue Mason Jar 2, 7. Scrappy string quilt bed runner, 8. Improv log teepees for Kelly in Bee Happy, 9. Yellow Tea Towel, 10. Modernista Pillows - Received!!!, 11. Pillows by Willow_011, 12. Day-11, 13. Aqua, grey, yellow chevron quilt, 14. Final Reveal!, 15. Modern 4x5 Quilt Bee, 16. Block For Mama Missa, 17. 3 Layered Star in Aqua, yellow-gold, and gray on Kona Snow for Emily, 18. Cracker Scraps Detail, 19. Cutting out my Joseph's Coat Petals, 20. paint colours, 21. beehive 24 2nd quarter for rebeccasrags, 22. Blues, yellows, grays, 23. Bike Quilt, 24. Wonky log cabin wedding quilt, 25. QATW 2 Lady Face Block (Aqua, Blue, Yellow & Grey)

Piece,
Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment